Announcements for the week of:
March 26, 2017
- Sunday School for children and adults meets at 9:00 a.m. The adult class will be using Rick Warren’s “Seven Greatest Words of Love” series for the next several weeks.
- Thank you to those who have already donated food for our emergency food pantry. Donations of non-perishable food can be placed in the plastic bin in the entrance hall. Monetary donations can be made using the envelopes available on the Ushers’ Table in the entrance of the church.
- St. Michael’s Annual Lenten Fish Fry is this Friday, March 24th. We will be serving fish from 6:30 -8:00p.m. (following Stations of the Cross at 6:00).
- The Bishop’s Committee will have its annual retreat at Great Oaks camp this Saturday, March 25th from 10:00 a.m.-2 p.m. Please pray for your leadership.
- St. Michael’s will be participating in the Annual CROP Walk for Hunger on Sunday, April 23rd. Registration begins at 1:15 p.m., and the walk starts at 1:45. See Jim Wangbickler for details, and an application packet.
- Gary will be taking Scrip orders on April 2nd. Please consider Scrip from retailers on the list for all your spring projects, yard and garden needs. Think about where you’ll buying your Easter bonnet, wardrobe and candy. Fannie Mae gives us 25% on Scrip card purchases. Please plan ahead and to review merchants go to www.shopwithscrip.com and find retailer list to see all participating merchants and the percentage St Michaels receives. Thank you for your participation.
- Please note in the Weekly Schedule of Liturgies below which includes our Lenten Friday evening activities. The meditations this year will be on the Psalms of repentance.
- The Diocese is once again offering a Summer Camp from June 18th-24th. Information and an application can be downloaded at http://www.stmichaelspeoria.org/links-and-resources/ , or see Fr. Shawn.
- The Tuesday afternoon Study Group continues its study of Loving like Jesus this week at 4:00 p.m. at Panera Bread on Byrd Ave.
- The Intercessory Prayer Team meets Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m., following the 12:00 Eucharist. All who feel led to participate are invited.
- The Thursday Evening Bible Study is currently studying 1 Maccabees following Mass at 6:00 p.m. and dinner. Join us as we learn about the history of Israel between the Old and New Testaments.
- We are looking to organize a group to go see The American Passion Play in Bloomington on Saturday, April 8th. Tickets are $20 each. Contact Fr. Shawn if you are interested in going. More about the Passion Play can be found at: http://americanpassionplay.org/
- The ACW has Amish dish cloths for sale in the Parish Hall: $2 each, or 3 for $5. See Kathi King, or Marlene Crandell.
Weekly Schedule of Services
- Sunday: Holy Eucharist: 8:00 and 10:15am
- Monday: Morning Prayer 6:30 a.m.; Mass 7:00 a.m.
- Tuesday: Morning Prayer 6:30 a.m.; Mass 12:00 noon
- Wednesday: Morning Prayer: 8:30am; Mass: 9am
- Thursday: Evening Prayer: 5:30pm; Mass: 6pm Mass
- Fridays During Lent: Evening Prayer 5: 30 pm; Stations of the Cross 6:00 pm, followed by a meatless soup supper and meditation in the Parish Hall.