Announcements for the week of:
March 12, 2017
- Remember that Daylight Savings Time starts this Sunday. Move your clocks ahead one hour before going to bed Saturday evening.
- Sunday School for children and adults meets at 9:00 a.m. The adult class will be an “open forum” this Sunday, as we transition to our next study.
- Thank you to those who have already donated food for our emergency food pantry. Donations of non-perishable food can be placed in the plastic bin in the entrance hall. Monetary donations can be made using the envelopes available on the Ushers’ Table in the entrance of the church.
- Thank you to those who purchased Scrip to be donated to victims of the recent tornado. Cards totaling $350 in value were purchased to give to them.
- ACW Chili Orders are due in today. The forms are available on the table at the entrance. Chili will be delivered next Sunday, March 19th.
- Shepherding Group Sunday at Coffee Hour Today – Each group will be assigned to a table to enjoy treats offered by Dcn. Ryan and Jill. Please come and get to know the members of your Shepherding Group a little better over refreshments.
- The MERCY ministries team will meet during Coffee Hour on Sunday, March 12th. Please take a little time to meet with your Shepherding Group, then come to the meeting in the upstairs conference room.
- The 20’s and 30’s Group meets this Tuesday, March 14th at 6:00 p.m. at Dcn. Ryan and Jill’s house.
- The ACW meets this Saturday at 9:00 a.m. in the Parish Hall. Morning Prayer will be offered at 8:30 a.m. in the Chapel.
- Please note in the Weekly Schedule of Liturgies below which includes our Lenten Friday evening activities. The meditations this year will be on the Psalms of repentance.
- The Tuesday afternoon Study Group resumes its study of Loving like Jesus this week at 4:00 p.m. at Panera Bread on Byrd Ave.
- The Intercessory Prayer Team meets Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m., following the 12:00 Eucharist. All who feel led to participate are invited.
- The Thursday Evening Bible Study is currently studying 1 Maccabees following Mass at 6:00 p.m. and dinner. Join us as we learn about the history of Israel between the Old and New Testaments.
- We are looking to organize a group to go see The American Passion Play in Bloomington on Saturday, April 8th. Tickets are $20 each. Contact Fr. Shawn if you are interested in going. More about the Passion Play can be found at: http://americanpassionplay.org/
- All Terri Lynn items remaining are 50% off. Get them while they last.
- The ACW has Amish dish cloths for sale in the Parish Hall: $2 each, or 3 for $5. See Kathi King, or Marlene Crandell.
Weekly Schedule of Services
- Sunday: Holy Eucharist: 8:00 and 10:15am
- Monday: Morning Prayer 6:30 a.m.; Mass 7:00 a.m.
- Tuesday: Morning Prayer 6:30 a.m.; Mass 12:00 noon
- Wednesday: Morning Prayer: 8:30am; Mass: 9am
- Thursday: Evening Prayer: 5:30pm; Mass: 6pm Mass
- Fridays During Lent: Evening Prayer 5: 30 pm; Stations of the Cross 6:00 pm, followed by a meatless soup supper and meditation in the Parish Hall.