Announcements for the week of:
April 30, 2017
- Sunday School for children and adults gathers at 9:00 a.m.
- Thank you to all who participated in the CROP Walk and Feeding the Hungry last Sunday. This was a great example of St. Michael’s being the hands and feet of Christ!
- Thank you to those who have already donated food for our emergency food pantry. Donations of non-perishable food can be placed in the plastic bin in the entrance hall. Monetary donations can be made using the envelopes available on the Ushers’ Table in the entrance of the church.
- The Diocese is once again offering a Summer Camp from June 18th-24th. Information and an application can be downloaded at http://www.stmichaelspeoria.org/links-and-resources/ , or see Fr. Shawn.
- The Summer Mowing Schedule has been posted, however If you would still like to volunteer, please contact Mark Gamage.
- The Tuesday afternoon Panera Study Group resumes this week 4:00 p.m. at Panera on Byrd Dr.
- The Intercessory Prayer Team meets Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m., following the 12:00 Eucharist. All who feel led to participate are invited.
- The Thursday Evening Bible Study will not meet this week, May 4th, as Fr. Shawn will be out of town.
- Save the Dates: The Bishop’s Committee has scheduled several outside work days in order to clean-up the landscaping on the Knoxville side of the church. This is a large project and we will need as much help as possible. The work days are as follows: May 20, tilling the soil and composting; a couple days during the week of May 21 TBD, planting plants; and June 3, mulching around the new plants. You can also help by loaning wheel barrows, shovels and/or steel rakes for the project. We will also be asking people to help provide lunch for the workers. We have a donation to cover the cost of this project, and Hoerr Nursery has been very generous with favorable material prices. Sign-up sheets will be posted soon.
- Krispy Kreme Donut Sale: We will be selling Krispy Kreme donuts on Saturday, May 6, at the church, in Bartonville, and in Chillicothe. We would request your help in staff the sales tables. A sign-up sheet is in the parish hall. If you cannot help, stop by one of our locations and buy some delicious donuts!
- The ACW will be sponsoring a Baby Shower for Becky Karlowicz on Sunday, June 4th at 3:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall.
- The ACW has Amish dish cloths for sale in the Parish Hall: $2 each, or 3 for $5. See Kathi King, or Marlene Crandell.
Weekly Schedule of Services
- Sunday: Holy Eucharist: 8:00 and 10:15am
- Monday: Morning Prayer 6:30 a.m.; Mass 7:00 a.m.
- Tuesday: Morning Prayer 6:30 a.m.; Mass 12:00 noon
- Wednesday: Morning Prayer: 8:30am; Mass: 9am
- Thursday: Evening Prayer: 5:30pm; Mass: 6pm followed by a shared meal and Bible Study