Announcements for the week of:
April 9, 2017
- We will be holding our Neighborhood Walk Training this Saturday, April 8th, from 10:00-11:30. Join us as we discuss the purpose for, and process of, our upcoming Neighborhood Prayer Walks.
- This Sunday we will begin our liturgies in the Parish Hall with the Liturgy of the Palms. We will then process to the church.
- Sunday School for children and adults meets at 9:00 a.m. The adult class will be using Rick Warren’s “Seven Greatest Words of Love” series for the next several weeks.
- Thank you to those who have already donated food for our emergency food pantry. Donations of non-perishable food can be placed in the plastic bin in the entrance hall. Monetary donations can be made using the envelopes available on the Ushers’ Table in the entrance of the church.
- As the bishop is here today, we will be taking a collection for his Discretionary Fund. Envelopes for donations are available in the entrance hall.
- There will be an Easter Egg Hunt in the playground following the 10:15 a.m. Mass on Easter Sunday. Donations of candy and cash to support this event are being accepted. See Debbie Gabor for details.
- The Fundraising Committee has Fannie Mae Candy Bars for sale for $1.25 each in the Parish Hall. These make great Easter candy.
- St. Michael’s will be participating in the Annual CROP Walk for Hunger on Sunday, April 23rd. Registration begins at 1:15 p.m., and the walk starts at 1:45. See Jim Wangbickler for details, and an application packet.
- Please note in the Holy Week and Easter Schedule of Liturgies below.
- The Diocese is once again offering a Summer Camp from June 18th-24th. Information and an application can be downloaded at http://www.stmichaelspeoria.org/links-and-resources/ , or see Fr. Shawn.
- The Summer Mowing Schedule has been posted, however If you would still like to volunteer, please contact Mark Gamage.
- There will be no Tuesday 12:00 Mass, or Panera Study Group this week, as Fr. Shawn will be in Quincy at the Diocesan Chrism Mass.
- The Intercessory Prayer Team meets Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m., following the 12:00 Eucharist. All who feel led to participate are invited.
- The Thursday Evening Bible Study is currently studying 1 Maccabees following Mass at 6:00 p.m. and dinner. Join us as we learn about the history of Israel between the Old and New Testaments.
- The ACW has Amish dish cloths for sale in the Parish Hall: $2 each, or 3 for $5. See Kathi King, or Marlene Crandell.
- The Church Mouse located at 600 West Main Street, Peoria is looking for volunteers. Do you have a few hours to spare per month? If so, please contact one of the store managers, Rickey Anderson or Shirley Lewis at (309) 673-2363. Is it time to do some spring cleaning? The Church Mouse would gladly welcome your used clothing, shoes, toys, books, bedding, kitchen supplies, furniture, etc. They cannot accept televisions or children’s car seats. Items can be brought to the rear entrance Tuesday thru Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm. If the items you have are larger than you are able to transport, The Church Mouse does offer pickups to residences. Contact Judy Huff (309) 697-6151.The proceeds made at The Church Mouse are split between the needs of Lutheran Social Services of Illinois and Lutheran Hillside Village. In 2016, close to $19,000 was given to LSSI as they provide services to assist Peoria area adults and children. In 2016, over $21,000 was given to pay for items to be used by the residents and/or the employees of LHV. With your help, we are making a significant difference in the lives of the people of central Illinois. May the LORD smile upon you today as you consider donating your gently used items or your time.
Weekly Schedule of Services
- Sunday: Holy Eucharist: 8:00 and 10:15am
- Monday: Morning Prayer 6:30 a.m.; Mass 7:00 a.m.
- Tuesday: Morning Prayer 6:30 a.m.; Mass 12:00 noon
- Wednesday: Morning Prayer: 8:30am; Mass: 9am
- Thursday: Evening Prayer: 5:30pm; Mass: 6pm Mass
- Fridays During Lent: Evening Prayer 5: 30 pm; Stations of the Cross 6:00 pm, followed by a meatless soup supper and meditation in the Parish Hall.
Holy Week and Easter Schedule:
Palm Sunday, April 9 – Bp. Morales Pastoral Visit at 10:15
8:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist with Liturgy of Palms
9:00 a.m. Christian Education
10:15 a.m. Holy Eucharist with Liturgy of Palms
Maundy Thursday, April 13
6:00 p.m. Evening Prayer
7:00 p.m. Holy Eucharist with washing of feet
Good Friday, April 14
12:00 Noon Good Friday Liturgy with Communion from pre-sanctified gifts
6:00 p.m. Stations of the Cross
6:30 p.m. Good Friday Liturgy —No Communion
Holy Saturday, April 15
8:00 p.m. The Great Vigil and First Mass of Easter — Followed by pot luck in parish hall
Easter Sunday, April 16
8:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist
9:00 a.m. No Sunday School
10:15 a.m. Holy Eucharist