Announcements for the week of:
April 2, 2017
- Sunday School for children and adults meets at 9:00 a.m. The adult class will be using Rick Warren’s “Seven Greatest Words of Love” series for the next several weeks.
- Thank you to those who have already donated food for our emergency food pantry. Donations of non-perishable food can be placed in the plastic bin in the entrance hall. Monetary donations can be made using the envelopes available on the Ushers’ Table in the entrance of the church.
- St. Michael’s will be participating in the Annual CROP Walk for Hunger on Sunday, April 23rd. Registration begins at 1:15 p.m., and the walk starts at 1:45. See Jim Wangbickler for details, and an application packet.
- Gary will be taking Scrip orders this Sunday, April 2nd. Please consider Scrip from retailers on the list for all your spring projects, yard and garden needs. Think about where you’ll buying your Easter bonnet, wardrobe and candy. Fannie Mae gives us 25% on Scrip card purchases. Please plan ahead and to review merchants go to www.shopwithscrip.com and find retailer list to see all participating merchants and the percentage St Michaels receives. Thank you for your participation.
- Please note in the Holy Week and Easter Schedule of Liturgies below.
- We will begin our Palm Sunday Liturgies in the Parish Hall. All who are able, should gather in the Parish Hall for the Liturgy of the Palms. We will then process outdoors, weather permitting, and into the church.
- The Diocese is once again offering a Summer Camp from June 18th-24th. Information and an application can be downloaded at http://www.stmichaelspeoria.org/links-and-resources/ , or see Fr. Shawn.
- Mowing Volunteers Needed: We are putting together the schedule for mowing the church yard over the coming months. It takes a couple hours and you would mow less than once a month. The church provides the mower. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Mark Gamage for more details.
- The Tuesday afternoon Study Group continues its study of Loving like Jesus this week at 4:00 p.m. at Panera Bread on Byrd Ave.
- The Intercessory Prayer Team meets Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m., following the 12:00 Eucharist. All who feel led to participate are invited.
- The Thursday Evening Bible Study is currently studying 1 Maccabees following Mass at 6:00 p.m. and dinner. Join us as we learn about the history of Israel between the Old and New Testaments.
- We are looking to organize a group to go see The American Passion Play in Bloomington on Saturday, April 8th. Tickets are $20 each. Contact Fr. Shawn if you are interested in going. More about the Passion Play can be found at: http://americanpassionplay.org/
- The ACW has Amish dish cloths for sale in the Parish Hall: $2 each, or 3 for $5. See Kathi King, or Marlene Crandell.
- The Church Mouse located at 600 West Main Street, Peoria is looking for volunteers. Do you have a few hours to spare per month? If so, please contact one of the store managers, Rickey Anderson or Shirley Lewis at (309) 673-2363. Is it time to do some spring cleaning? The Church Mouse would gladly welcome your used clothing, shoes, toys, books, bedding, kitchen supplies, furniture, etc. They cannot accept televisions or children’s car seats. Items can be brought to the rear entrance Tuesday thru Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm. If the items you have are larger than you are able to transport, The Church Mouse does offer pickups to residences. Contact Judy Huff (309) 697-6151.The proceeds made at The Church Mouse are split between the needs of Lutheran Social Services of Illinois and Lutheran Hillside Village. In 2016, close to $19,000 was given to LSSI as they provide services to assist Peoria area adults and children. In 2016, over $21,000 was given to pay for items to be used by the residents and/or the employees of LHV. With your help, we are making a significant difference in the lives of the people of central Illinois. May the LORD smile upon you today as you consider donating your gently used items or your time.
Weekly Schedule of Services
- Sunday: Holy Eucharist: 8:00 and 10:15am
- Monday: Morning Prayer 6:30 a.m.; Mass 7:00 a.m.
- Tuesday: Morning Prayer 6:30 a.m.; Mass 12:00 noon
- Wednesday: Morning Prayer: 8:30am; Mass: 9am
- Thursday: Evening Prayer: 5:30pm; Mass: 6pm Mass
- Fridays During Lent: Evening Prayer 5: 30 pm; Stations of the Cross 6:00 pm, followed by a meatless soup supper and meditation in the Parish Hall.
Holy Week and Easter Schedule:
Palm Sunday, April 9 – Bp. Morales Pastoral Visit at 10:15
8:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist with Liturgy of Palms
9:00 a.m. Christian Education
10:15 a.m. Holy Eucharist with Liturgy of Palms
Maundy Thursday, April 13
6:00 p.m. Evening Prayer
7:00 p.m. Holy Eucharist with washing of feet
Good Friday, April 14
12:00 Noon Good Friday Liturgy with Communion from pre-sanctified gifts
6:00 p.m. Stations of the Cross
6:30 p.m. Good Friday Liturgy —No Communion
Holy Saturday, April 15
8:00 p.m. The Great Vigil and First Mass of Easter — Followed by pot luck in parish hall
Easter Sunday, April 16
8:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist
9:00 a.m. No Sunday School
10:15 a.m. Holy Eucharist